Yuletide Whimsy

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Paintin' Chick

Today was our Western Colorado Decorative Artists Chapter meeting. We voted to start a website for our chapter! Woo Hoo! I'm pretty excited about that...hoping it will give us more visibility and help attract new members.
I was the teacher for our monthly paint-in. We painted Cindy Mann Vitale's "Paintin' Chick" on aprons, totes, a clock and a canvas board. What creative people we have in our chapter! The member who painted the project on a clock used the paint buckets for the numbers on the clock and the Paintin' Chick is in the center. It's going to be great. Everyone did such a good job on their projects...quite a few of our members don't paint much on fabric. I must say I was proud of everyone's work. This was a wet-on-wet method of fabric painting which is a little like oil painting as shading colors are blended with the base coat color instead of base coating, drying and then floating color. I've challenged them to complete the project, embellish and wear in June for the Shara Reiner seminar. Can't wait to see the results...if Millie's pictures turn out, I'll post them here in the next few days.
I will say I was pretty tired this afternoon after class. That concrete floor is a killer on your legs and feet. However, 4 ibuprofen later...I'm feeling some better. Now I just need a good night's sleep and I'll be up and attem tomorrow!
Happy trails...happy painting...

No comments:

Post a Comment